On Pubmed (National Library of Medicine) we find no less than 258 published studies under ‘olive leaf extract’. Compared to ‘fermented garlic’: only 177. What did researchers discover?
- Olive leaf extract polyphenols are effective against several types of free radicals, which are responsible for cell aging. Olive leaf extract is a powerful natural scavenger of free radicals and one of the most important antioxidants.
- Research conducted at Australia’s Southern Cross University (SCU) identified the olive leaf as the most potent, free-radical-scavenging antioxidant compared to 55 medicinal herbs.
- Olive leaf extract contains many more antioxidants than vitamin C and is much more potent than many so-called ‘super fruits’ such as noni, goji, mangosteen and acai.
- Olive leaf extract also helps protect the brain and central nervous system from (cell) destruction caused by strokes.
- Olive leaf extract also protects against age-related degenerative conditions, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.